Saturday, February 18, 2012

Trying Hard

Well she tries to believe it
That she's been given new life
But she can't shake the feeling
That it's not true tonight
She knows all the answers
And she's rehearsed all the lines
And so she'll try to do better
But then she's too weak to try
~ You Are More
(Tenth Avenue North) 

You can't get to Heaven by working hard to earn a ticket,
and I can't become pure and holy by trying really hard.


It is God who saves, and it is God who purifies.
His grace made me His, and His grace will make me all His.
He who began a good work in me will be faithful to complete it!
Jesus is the Author and Finisher of my faith.


I've tried so hard, and the results are only failure; but His grace is sufficient for me.
Thank You, Jesus!

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful truth is poetic wording Naoni. You are a moving writer. Thank you for this post, it blessed my heart. Keep up the good work.

    Blessings,
    Leah Nicolette

    ReplyDelete