Monday, June 24, 2013

Camp


A few weeks ago, I got to spend some time at the camp where I used to work! It was girls' week, and I had the opportunity to give my testimony to the girls. Then all day the next day, I went with them to meals, morning worship, crafts, recreation, Bible study, et cetera. It was great fun!
 
Two of the staff told me they had been having a big pity party until I gave my testimony, but now they were ready to be happy. And one of the counselors said that one of her campers, who had had a rough childhood, looked at her significantly as if it helped her when I said, "No physical or emotional pain is going to last forever if you know Jesus and are going to Heaven."
 
That afternoon I got to help a little bit with dinner. That evening I attended the campers' talent show and ice cream party, and hung out in a room with most of them until midnight talking, laughing, and playing  mafia. The girls loaded me with gifts - 2 dolls they made in crafts, a handmade bracelet, and a heart-shaped rock one girl found while walking.
 
It was an even greater gift to get to hang out with the girls, the staff, and the mission team. But the greatest gift in my time there was feeling like God used me to be a small blessing to some people! I guess, like people tell me, "God isn't finished with me yet."
 
Pray with me for the camp - for the director and his family, for the staff, for the mission teams that come help, and for the campers. Pray for God to ransom souls, and to work mightily in those who are already His.

No comments:

Post a Comment