Sunday, June 23, 2013

Run a 5K!

This was my goal; it was on my official bucket list. After I came home from the hospital, many of my friends and family joined me as I "rolled" in one. :) As a matter of fact, the many familiar faces on that day, along with the sunshine and fresh air, seemed to be very healthy for me. It was around that time that I started to REALLY wake up. It was just a happy day. :)
 
Then on Memorial Day, Chick-fil-A (where I used to work) had a Spicy 5K for Hospice, which I was glad to "roll" in. (I walked across the finish line.) The winner, running at less than 16 minutes, was from Uganda. I got the pleasure of greeting him in the African trade language.
 
So my experience says that a 5K is always a happy thing, and of course it's healthy - very. So why not?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment