Friday, July 19, 2013

The Cure for Loneliness

At church when I was fourteen, and again when I was eighteen/nineteen, there were no other teen girls. I was the only one! That isn't too unusual, but to hear some people talk you would think I would have really struggled with loneliness. Now that I've thought about it, I realize that loneliness was never an issue for me. At all!
 
I always was friends with everyone at church. I tend to be rather quiet and un-needy, so when I enter a room with a bunch of people, I usually try to talk to the person who looks the most neglected and needing a friend - whether or not I know them - and be a friend to them, trying to cheer them up. The result was normally an immediate new friend, and honestly, a friend is a friend no matter how old or young!
 
So if you're feeling lonely and want someone to reach out to you, try doing the reaching out yourself and see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment